Recently I got the opportunity to borrow a friend's Ashford Knitter's Loom.
I've just got one word to sum up the experience... Love.
What began as a weaving afternoon, became two weeks of weaving bliss...
The loom has gone home to it's rightful owner, but not without leaving a small legacy of scarves & shawls behind.
1. Mountain in the Moonlight Shawl
ingredients: 1 skein (50g) Indigo Moon Sock Yarn in namesake colourway
1/2 skein (100g) Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 in unknown colourway
2. The Golden Ticket Shawl
ingredients: 2 skeins (approx 600 yds) Twist of Fate 100% Rayon in Gold
There are more, but some are gifts and must wait to be gifted before being revealed to the public. Just think of it as having something to look forward to!
I think I need one of these looms!
Here are some reasons why I love the Knitter's Loom:
1. When your hands are tired from too much knitting, weaving is totally fine
2. For you product knitters, hello 5 hour shawl!
3. Portability. Yes! You can bring it to knit night!
4. What can you give your knitter friends that is not knitting? Something woven!
5. Hand dyed yarns = instant faux plaid = awesome
6. Colour in weaving.... gorgeous
7. It's a stash busting excercise. Use up all that excess sock yarn!
8. It has maximum impact for minimal time & skill
9. Wondering what to make with your gorgeous handspun yarn? How about a woven heirloom shawl?
10. Weaving produces fabric which can be sewn into stuff. Huzzah!