Saturday, November 29, 2008

Magical Christmas!

Photobucket

As many of you already know, the fabulous Arika from my knit group has so graciously given me some space to showcase some of my softies from the Coy shop!

Photobucket

The Magical Christmas Gift Show is running from December 5th to 7th at the Pearkes Rec. Centre.
The hours are 10am-8pm Friday, 10am-5pm Saturday & Sunday.

So if you are in the area, please stop on by and check out the fabulous items on display at Arika's booth! She has knitted some adorable punk-baby sweaters, legwarmers, and more, a couple of other knit group friends will be selling at the booth too. Tiffany will be selling the most adorable kids hats, such as a dragon hat, and a viking hat *tooo cute*, and Sylvana is selling some crocheted goodies.
**The address is 3100 Tillicum Road, right beside the Silvercity theatre. **

Photobucket

I found my mind exploding with new creative ideas after the never ending mid-term exam train, so this project was incredibly cathartic.
I would wake in the night with the schematics for a new softie, and have to run to my idea book so I could capture it for later use. I still have loads of ideas that have not yet been used, and you can look forward to seeing them around Christmas and in the new year.

Photobucket

I actually spent time sewing while studying for exams (I took creativity breaks), and had a couple of days of solid sewing a few weekends ago to get ready.

Photobucket

I think the Yetis are my favourites by far, they are just so unbelievably soft! It is truly difficult to send them away. I will definitly be making up more of these cuties during the holiday break, so stay tuned. I might even try out making some BIG yetis. These are around 11" tall.

Photobucket

This one is my favourite yeti, he is grumpy. I always choose the grumpy character. Grumpy dwarf, the Grumpy Carebear, Oscar the Grouch... I dunno, grumps just make me wanna cuddle them & cheer them up!

Photobucket

Here is my sewing desk (aka my "kitchen table")mid-way thru the sewing. It now looks like a major disaster zone, but we'll not talk about that...
Mess indicates creativity right??

~Nessa

No comments: