Monday, August 25, 2008

Artist weekend

Well The Knitting Olympics are over. And I didn't complete one single project on my list. Oh well, sometimes life just gets in the way. I did, however, finish the July/August Lady sweater of Ravelry fame last night.

augustlady

These pics are the best I could do since I had to take them myself.

augustlady2

augustlady3

That last one looks so much like a baby cardi to me, since there is no scale to judge size from. I guess it is fitting, since this pattern began life as a baby cardi.


The reason I was unable to finish all of my knitting projects for the Ravelympics was that I was busy doing another form of art...

Photobucket

This painting is just one of the ones I've been working on for a show during the Artist's Weekend at the Roost cafe in Sidney. I will be showcasing & selling some of my paintings, & collectible stuffies. Come check it out if you are in the area on Saturday & Sunday, August 30 & 31 between 9am & 5pm.
The paintings are acrylic on canvas.

As always, I have a love/hate relationship with my artwork. Part of me is the proud mama of each painting my brush touches, the other part doubts my talent. I guess it is hard to be objective about something you put a lot of time & creative energy into. I hope you guys like them!

p.s. I just ate the best lunch! I'll share the recipe here, but no pics cause I gobbled it up too fast. Inspired by Smitten Kitchen (see my fave links list)

Brunch Quesadilla:
(serves one)

2 corn tortillas
small amount of olive oil
1/8 cup of piquante salsa (or mild if you like that)[add as little or as much as you like really]
3 chopped basil leaves
chopped up strips of cheddar cheese
1 egg

pour a little oil in a non-stick pan
place one tortilla in the pan, and 1/2 of the cheese strips on that
when cheese begins to melt, crack the egg over top of the tortilla
break the yolk
top with basil, and dot salsa across egg evenly
cover with the 2nd half of the cheese, and the other tortilla
Let fry until egg is almost done cooking
flip it (careful! this can be messy)
Let fry on other side until it puffs up.
It should look golden on each tortilla side, with egg and melty cheese coming out the edges...mmm...

Serve cut into quarters, or however you prefer to portion up your quesadillas
EAT IT UP!

No comments: