Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday is for show and tell

So loads to show & tell today!

cuppa

My pattern, Algormortis finally went live today on Anticraft! Check it out! Thanks to Sylvana, & Lorraine for being my helpy test-knitters :-)

Next Up: Preppy Socks

prepsocks

I am on a sock binge lately, somewhat aided along by the staff free-leftover-yarn bin at work. These are being made from some leftover Kroy from aforementioned bin.

prepsocks2

I finished spinning a skein of yarn on my Ashford Drop Spindle!

yarn

It is about 65 meters long, so I guess I'll need to spin one more if I actually want to make something out of it. I haven't done a swatch yet, but I'm guessing it is around a worsted/aran weight.

AND FINALLY, LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I got a spinning wheel!

Photobucket

My friend Tiffany suddenly found herself with too many spinning wheels, so she sold me this Ram Spinner for a great price! She also, so very kindly offered to come and teach me the ropes sometime soon. Here it is modelling the drop spindle yarn.

Photobucket

Happy knitting, & spinning!

~Nessa

1 comment:

Taloferia said...

Hi there! I wonder what you can tell me about the Ram Spinner? My sister recently got me a used wheel (I will get it at Christmas), and I can't find much about it online. It looks like a Louet?