Tuesday, June 03, 2008

rainy Tuesday

manosreduxfinal2

I finished the Manos redux scarf. It is just a simple seed stitch, but it blocked out flat and super long. It is almost as tall as me when I have it folded in half! I am really happy with how nicely it turned out, and how quickly it knit up. I am surprised because I seem to remember hating scarf knitting because it always took so incredibly long to finish a scarf. Lately my knitting has become a lot faster, and now it seems I can pump out a scarf in no time. In fact, this simple project was my zen project for when I didn't want to concentrate on knitting.

oceanus2

This yarn is from a yarn dying kit from Louet that gave me for my birthday this past March. (BTW, you rock Mary!)
I finally dyed it last night at my friend Ursa's house. She very generously let me come over and use her dyeing space, and skillz to help me achieve this fabulous colourway, which I have dubbed Oceanus.

oceanus

Ursa let me use some of her turquoise dye, which I used instead of the grey-blue dye that came with the kit. The other two colours that came with the kit were blueberry (the brighter blue), and cornflower (the pale blue). I LOVE how this turned out! I don't know what it will become, maybe a shawl? I will have to see how the colourway looks when knitted. I achieved this look by doing an overall pale dye with the cornflower blue, and then laying out the skeins and painting the other two colours on with sponge brushes.

In other news, on the needles right now I have a red beret
sarahsberet
which I am knitting for a swap with my friend , aka Sarah. In exchange, she has used her fabulous illustrational skills to create a custom work of art for me!!! I am so stoked!
I am using Berocco Peruvia in colour 7135.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday, I'm off to do some laundry now.

No comments: