Thursday, June 05, 2008

"a box of chocolates"

saartjesbooties2

I finished knitting these little boots several months ago, but didn't get around to weaving in the ends and adding the little buttons until a couple nights ago. I made these for a friend's new baby, and they are soon to be shipped out to Spain where he, and his new mum live.

saartjesbooties3

I seriously love this pattern, but I think you already know that, since I've knitted these booties up many times.

mackeyboard

The other night, Jeff came home and told me that he had gotten me a "box of chocolates" (his words). He handed me a box containing the above. No not the beret-in-progress, the fabulous skinny mac keyboard that I adore! The thing is about 1/4 inch thick, and has all kinds of cool buttons on it, like eject disc, wigets, play, stop, rewind, ffwd, pause, volume up and down, and screen light up and down. I feel like I can type faster with this keyboard (although that is possibly all in my head). This is almost as romantic as when he gave me my mac mini for my birthday a couple of years ago. Folks, when you're married to a tekie this is as romantic as it gets. <3 <3 <3

EDIT: I've been surfing UTUBE & ran across some pretty rad music I thought you might like to check out...

Death Cab For Cutie ~ Lightness This is one of my favourite bands, but for some reason I have never heard this song until tonight. I don't think it's new.

Metric ~ Between the Bars This is an acoustic cover of one of Elliot Smith's best songs.

Headlights ~ Cherry Tulips This is a band I've just discovered. I think this song reminds me of listening to oldies on the radio. Plus, they Photobucket (pic yoinked from their site)

No comments: