Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gentle Forest

There is nothing like walking through a rainforest. The smell of the moss, the trees, the earth, the forest flowers. An indescribably sweet, organic scent. Everywhere you look is green, and not just grassy greens, but greens of all hues, luminous and refreshing greens, mysterious dark greens, greens that seem to glow as the shafts of light touch them, greens that reach into your soul and give you peace and lightness of heart. I love the shapes: fiddleheads, star shaped flowers, tiny mushrooms, large lamp-like tree fungus, limb-like tree roots and branches, leaves of every kind.
I feel at home in the forest, and I know if I ever leave BC, I will miss the forest and the ocean most of all.

Photobucket


nurserytree

talltrees

Photobucket

tree

gnarlytrunk

maple

rabbit

streambed

No comments: